POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu) : Re: First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 22 May 2000 08:18:46
Message: <392925a6$1@news.povray.org>
Hello!

Bob Hughes schrieb in Nachricht <392881ee@news.povray.org>...
>radiosity comes to mind.

Well, I turned it on by +QR and it gave me some interessting effects: the
divider and the candleholder seemed to glow (probablly because of the
ambiente-finish of the metal.inc-textures (?)). Do I have to tweak the
default settings?

>For the candle (wax) you could use a gradient y texture map going from
regular
>wax to illuminated shinier wax at top.

Oh yes, I'll try that. And one or another droblets of wax at the side.

>Might be possible to use a semi-clear object around the camera which acts
as a
>sort of filtered lens to create both a candle flame flare and other changes
>the rest of the scene.

I might give it a try, too.

>Bob

Thank you,